Recently, Town & Country Optimist Club member Kathy Manning was recognized as a 2017 Legend Award winner by RecognizeGood. She is now being considered for the overall annual award.
Help us say thanks to Kathy. By voting for her, you can raise awareness for the good work that T&C Sports does and share Kathy’s inspiring story. Your “vote” before January 30th makes T&C Sports eligible to win $10,000.
To vote and say thanks:
1. Click – Kathy’s name at the “Vote Say Thanks, Austin” link on RecognizeGood.org
2. Text – MANNING to (512) 456-9244
3. Message – MANNING to the RecognizeGood Facebook fan page at facebook.com/recognizegood
4. Tweet – MANNING to @RecognizeGood with the hashtag #saythanksaustin
5. Email – MANNING (in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Write In – your name, then sign and date where indicated on Say Thanks forms (downloadable at https://www.recognizegood.org/…/rg-publication-legend-04-st…). You can bring your hand written forms to the T&C Office by 4:00pm on January 26 and and we will send them in.
You can vote by each method daily – giving you 6 times a day to say Thanks.
Town & Country Optimist Club Members 2014
The Town & Country Optimist Club is a non profit organization formed in 1974 by a group of North Austin parents to offer youth sports. The Club promotes the ideals of Optimist International and supports the North Austin area by providing quality youth sports facilities and programs. Club goals are to provide opportunities for all who wish to participate and to promote an environment of learning and sportsmanship in all activities. The Club also supports youth development through involvement in selected youth-oriented community activities.
40+ YEARS...90+ ACRES...7 SPORTS...and 8,500 Children. For over forty years T&C has offered North Austin area families and their kids a great place to enjoy youth sports. During those years, foresighted members acquired ninety-six acres of land that is now the T&C Sports complex. The facility is owned, managed, and maintained by the Town & Country Optimist Club.
Texas’ Largest Private Youth Sports Organization. Serving Austin Youth Since 1974. Family Friendly. First Class Facilities. 28 Sports Fields. Spring and Fall Seasons in Baseball, Softball, Soccer, and Volleyball. Seasonal offerings in Basketball, Football, and Girls Lacrosse. Miracle League Baseball for special needs children. Over 8,500 participants served annually.
T&C is a volunteer based organization that receives no funding from any of the surrounding Counties or from any other governmental agency. From the Sport Board members, to Commissioners, to Coaches, to game day volunteers, parent involvement and assistance is needed and always welcomed. All T&C sports offered are coached by VOLUNTEER coaches. Town and Country also provides trained referees, and requires background checks and coaches training for volunteer coaches. The certification programs provide training, support, and continuing education to adults who volunteer to coach out-of-school youth sports teams.